A7R3 - Best Choice SD Card for Slot 2???

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
teddoman
teddoman Senior Member • Posts: 2,469
Re: WOW! Carry a spare card in-camera - I did not know this

terryreid wrote:

Yes you get a warning but I followed your advice and went to STD and it allows me to shoot with one card on Std and found a much better solution that I never knew was possible.

Setting the recording mode to sort still/mov I now have a spare card that isn't being used in slot 2 at all times. A fantasic option!

That is a great option I have several of the Sony fast 300mbs cards which I have had on my peak design straps but now that I use a couple different straps in IL and leave two in FLA and beginning to use the Peak Design Leash a lot that no longer works.

It's pretty hard to forget to have your camera with you if or when slot 1 fills up.

This may be common knowledge to others but I never realized you could do this.

Thanks Ted!

Glad to help...I just knew what you were saying couldn't be right because my A9 just arrived and I've been shooting test shots on it with only 1 card in it! So I tested all of those recording modes to see what they do and now I know my way around that part of the menu

-- hide signature --

Ted
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tedchang/
C&C is encouraged, I'm always learning

teddoman's gear list:teddoman's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony a9 Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow