The power of the NX1 - you have to see this video... UAU!!!!!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
lol101 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,855
Re: Really...?

Ben Herrmann wrote:

On the surface, statements like that may initially make sense - yet presumptuous at the same time. In the long run, the reasons why so many users of older/outdated camera systems (i.e. Konica/Minolta, Kodak, regular Four Thirds, and now Samsung NX) are due to the following:

1. Deriving immense pleasure from using artfully crafted photographic instruments, regardless of age (or continuance of the system). For example, to this date, I still periodically reach for my 14-15 year old venerable Olympus E-1 (a 5 MP model) that still provides highly competitive IQ with many modern day cameras (below ISO 400, that is) and is built like the proverbial "tank." Samsung is no different as their designs and operational characteristics will have folks still using them for years to come. The perplexing mindset that somehow these older systems are no longer useful, is ridiculous. Are we to assume that just because Samsung has now bowed out of the camera business - that their cameras will somehow die soon? If you take good care of your gear, these cameras can last for a decade or much longer.

2. I can honestly state that I've used more digital cameras since 1998, than most folks will operate in a lifetime (123 at last count - I know, I'm sick... ). And among all of those are some models that have been discontinued (system discontinuation, that is) that I still very much relish using today. Yet with good care, their life cycles and performance levels have not diminished. The same will hold true for Samsung! Sure, the life of this forum has significantly diminished but there are still thousands of very satisfied users of Samsung NX gear who won't want to part with their cameras anytime soon.

-- hide signature --

Sincerely,
Bernd ("Ben") Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina USA

Alright Ben, you did it, now I want to dig my NX10 out and go take some pictures!

Heck, I might even reach for my Spotmatic and M42 lenses at some point...

Take care.

lol101's gear list:lol101's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS M5 Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow