Black Pictures... And Shutter Is Working! (Yes, The Lens Cap Is Off)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
go_photo New Member • Posts: 20
Black Pictures... And Shutter Is Working! (Yes, The Lens Cap Is Off)

I have a Kodak PixPro Astro Zoom 522. I have had it for about a year, and I got it used off of Amazon. At one point, it was dropped from a height of about 2.5 feet. After it dropped, it still turns on fine, the zoom still works, and I can still view old photos on the LCD and EVF. But, all my pictures are black! Live View is also completely black, and so I thought it might be a stuck shutter, but when I look into the lens and take a picture, I see the shutter "flicker". This is a mirrorless camera, so I know it is the shutter I am seeing and not the mirror. The camera has been dropped before and still worked fine. I thought it could be the sensor that is broken, but would dropping the camera mess up the sensor? And I know that my settings are not at fault, as I set the shutter speed to 30 seconds at aimed it at bright light, and the picture was still completely black! I was also using the camera on the beach, but I was looking at my pictures after and it worked fine, it started malfunctioning after it fell. Does anyone have any ideas on what's happening, and how to fix it?

-- hide signature --

-embrace nature-

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow