Can I leave my 80D at home - some basketball pics

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gary stepic
gary stepic Veteran Member • Posts: 4,870
Can I leave my 80D at home - some basketball pics

I am still debating about getting rid of my 80D, depending on if the a6300 can do the job with non native lenses. Here are a few shots from a game yesterday. The rst few were with the Canon 24-70 2.8L Ii using the Metabones V adaptor. I use this lens when sitting right under the basket. The wide shots are with the Sony 16-70, where I had to jack up iso to 3200 and still brighten a little in post. After the wide shots I am using the Canon 70-200 2.8L II as I was shooting from the corner.

I had a few out of focus shots but I am still learning the settings of the a6300. I am assuming using the adaptor focus acquisition will be a tad slower compared to using native lenses. I am not getting paid to do what I do. The slideshow is posted to a fan internet site and the sports information department may use some photos for media guides. So given that I think the a6300 with Canon lenses is acceptable.

http://garystepic.zenfolio.com/p209277956/slideshow#ha187924c

The arena is not great for photographers. The lights are right over the court so shots right in front of me are not well lit except for their faces. Many arenas will have lights at least one row behind the photographers which makes a huge difference.

gary stepic's gear list:gary stepic's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony Alpha a7R III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +4 more
Canon EOS 80D Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow