Why such variation by different software when viewing same JPG?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
OP Jonathan Gladstone Regular Member • Posts: 440
Re: Why such variation by different software when viewing same JPG?

sankos wrote:

mclewis wrote:

Calibrate your monitor with a proper solution like an i1 Display or Spyder 5. Use colour managed software. Use a colour managed web browser. Now your images will look the same in all these colour managed pieces of software.

+1. Also check your colour management settings in colour-managed software. In IrfanView you need to manually switch on the CM module. FastStone is no good because it won't respect your monitor profile. In PSE go to Color Settings and choose either Optimize for Computer Screens or Optimize for Printing options (the former assumes sRGB for untagged images, the latter Adobe RGB). In Affinity choose sRGB, Adobe RGB or ProPhoto RGB as your RGB Color Profile (In Preferences/Colour) and uncheck "Convert open files to working space".

-- hide signature --

Why matters

Well, I am aware of the difference of output for SRGB and ARgb... and am slowly coming to grips with LAB...     going to Options->Properties->Zoom/ColorManagement has shown me that IV does display the 'flat' image...  but this is certainly eye-opening.
Sigh... munkey or spyder.. here I come..  >_<

Jonathan Gladstone's gear list:Jonathan Gladstone's gear list
Canon PowerShot A520 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow