How to view iPhone X HEIC file's ISO value?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shangri La
Shangri La Contributing Member • Posts: 749
How to view iPhone X HEIC file's ISO value?

I'm considering getting the iPhone X and was curious to find out its high ISO performance, which my good old HuaWei Nexus 6P was extremely good at - VERY clean ISO 1000+ files. In fact I'd be satisfied if iPhone X can come close to what my 2-year-old 6P is capable of.

So I borrowed a friend's X and took a few low light shots and asked her to email me the files. I then realized that these are HEIC files, which cannot be viewed on Windows or MAC yet. I then looked online and found a few tools for conversion.

The Jpeg file converted from an online tool did not have any shutter speed/ISO/aperture info (when viewed on MAC). Another locally installed tools allowed me to see the jpeg file's shutter speed and aperture after conversion. However, I still cannot see the ISO value. The way I view the EXIF info is right click on the file and then "get info", in MAC.

So, is there a way to see the file's ISO value, or, Apple just does not provide this info? Thanks.

Shangri La's gear list:Shangri La's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Nikon D5000 Nikon D750 Phase One Capture One Pro Apple iPhone X
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow