Sensor Help / Advice: A99 | A99ii | A77 | A77ii

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
shinfo
shinfo New Member • Posts: 24
Sensor Help / Advice: A99 | A99ii | A77 | A77ii

In a previous thread, I asked if the sensor behavior pictured below was normal. However, there were some saying it was normal, and some saying that the sensor or other components were messed up.

I've tried everything: different lenses, different memory cards, electronic shutter, ISO, shutter speed, etc.

It's hard to find the exact situation in which it will do this, but the one situation that it will do it every time is the shot below. Shoot towards an outside window and frame it as I have. Having mini-blinds or paned window panels will cause the lines if the censor is horizontally parallel to the blinds or window panes. The lines blur when the camera is not completely horizontal with whatever is cutting the highlighted area. It also ONLY occurs on the horizontal axis of the sensor.

I'm asking for your guys help, please. Can any of you guys take a photo like this with your a99, a99ii, a77, or a77ii? I'm on the verge of buying a new camera and don't want to spend the money unnecessarily. (And yes, I've called about replacing the sensor, it's going to be $1,100+. I'd rather put that towards a new camera.)

Please try to recreate this image below, with the outside highlights blown out, and please tell me if you get these darker lines.

My fear is that this reflective burnout is somehow caused by the translucent mirror, so I don't want to invest more into the system when I can jump to mirrorless if that's the cause. Thank you guys so much in advance!

Reference photo:

Notice the dark green lines on the left side of the image. I'm hoping someone can provide an image similar to this one and show me if this happens their camera as well.

Sony Alpha a99 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow