X-S1 - viewfinder and image not the same

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
babha Regular Member • Posts: 325
Re: X-S1 - viewfinder and image not the same

Reading experiences here made me curious about how my X-S1 behaves . I have never given it a thought so far,  because my "guide" is the histogram - i find it very useful.

And, oh my, maybe I have a miracle cam, but mine is showing exactly what I get! With purpose I used under- and overexposure and I see the effect right away. Taking the picture shows me exactly what I have seen in the viewfinder.

I am mostly in A-mode, but even in EXR I can see the effect (histogram isn´t real helpful in EXR - the final picture has much less in the "right" than histogram predicts).

Sorry, I can´t tell WHY my X-S1 behaves like that - I haven´t used any "special settings". And I don´t mean to say, that people who experience "not seeing in the viewfinder what they finally get as a photo" don´t know what they are doing ...

Maybe I am "just lucky" ... ? ...

-- hide signature --
 babha's gear list:babha's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S9100 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow