Batter issue with 80D battery - LP-E6N

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Abhat72 New Member • Posts: 11
Batter issue with 80D battery - LP-E6N

Hi All,

Greetings and happy new year. I purchased an 80D (original & brand new) with 18-135 IS USM kit and original (in sealed box) Canon battery.

I am seeing a higher than usual batter discharge rate when the camera is left unused.

First instance I saw was when I left my battery in the camera with about 47% juice left. After about 2 months when I opened the camera it was almost dead.

I thought that probably there is a drainage current when batter is left inside the camera.

So after complete discharge and full recharge I used the gig in one of the shooting - 3 stills and 5 mins of video and checked that batter had 97% juice. I took out the battery from the camera and put it outside with the plastic cap. I see in 3 weeks battery juice has come down to 89%. Is this normal?

PS: I also have 550D where I have left battery inside camera for more than 6 months without any visible degradation - so I am a bit surprised by this behavior.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Regards

AB

Abhat72's gear list:Abhat72's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +1 more
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow