Travel/mountaineering camera x-t1, x-t20 or x-e3

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ghekkie New Member • Posts: 8
Travel/mountaineering camera x-t1, x-t20 or x-e3

After reading almost every post for the last 6 months I still haven't decided on what would be the ideal camera for me. So with this post, I hope to find the answers to my open questions. I'm used to a Panasonic bridge camera, but want to step up to mirrorless.

I'm looking for a camera that will be used for travel and mountaineering (landscape).

There are several things that I've to keep in mind for buying the camera:
- Weight (lighter = better in mountains)
- WR (though there are allot of opinions about the value this adds). But a little extra toughness will be useful in the mountains.
- wide angle lens
- Flip screen is a nice to have.
- Might try some astro photography after some more experience
- I'm not a pro, it will be a hobby. Might print some photo's to hang in the house or create a postcard of it. Pictures will be mostly viewed on website/pc.

I'm not into birds and sport photography, so I don't care to much about the fast AF.

Budget is around 1300 euro (X-T2 is too expensive) and I'm not buying the camera second hand (refurb is an option). This means the following body's are an option:

X-T1
Pro's: WR, durable, Flip screen, control dials, big EVF
Cons: weight, size, older tech,

X-T20
Pro's: Weight, size, flip screen
Cons: WR

X-E3
Pro's: lightest weight
Cons: No flip screen

I've held all camera's with a 18-55mm lens mounted. The X-E3 and X-T1 were a little more comfortable to hold. Though with added grip to the X-T20 I can image it will be fine as well.

Lenses:
Pretty sure i'ts going to be the 18-55mm + Samyang 12mm.

Does anyone have some arguments that will help me make a decision?

ghekkie's gear list:ghekkie's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
ANSWER:
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow