PMCA FocusBracket app

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Htbaa Contributing Member • Posts: 822
PMCA FocusBracket app

Most are probably aware of PMCA, the tool that lets you install 3rd party apps on your Sony A6000. I did so as well to remove the recording limit and installed some of the apps as well.

Recently a timelapse app was released as well (though I personally prefer the Sony app which I own) and decided to try it out. But I noticed there's a FocusBracket app as well. Now, Sony already has a FocusBracket app themselves for about € 5,- which I got as well, but it only allows you to take three image. Hardly useful for focus stacking a macro image.

So I tried out FocusBracket that's available through PMCA and it works really well! First, it assumes M-mode so make sure you set your exposure in M-mode. Then start the app and you manually focus for the starting and end point. Then you're able to choose the amount of images you want to shoot. It can be 3, or 9 or even somewhere 20+. When you're ready you press start and the app will focus from the starting/end point and automatically adjusts focus for you.

Beats manually focusing each shot. Give it a shot!

Htbaa's gear list:Htbaa's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E +17 more
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow