How to configure new A6300?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ahnaf Akeef Regular Member • Posts: 200
How to configure new A6300?

Hello everyone. I just got an A6300 with the Sonnar T* 35mm 2.8 lens and I was wondering how to get started with configuring the camera to make it the most convenient to use. Please note that I've only ever used Canon cameras before, so even the most basic advice would help. 99% of my shooting scenarios involve shooting in Aperture Priority, with SS set to Auto and ISO adjusted according to the kind of SS required in any given situation.

Questions:

1. How can I set the wheel and the dial to change ISO and aperture? It seems that both are set to aperture at the moment (at least in aperture priority mode).

2. What's the best way to utilise the crazy number of AF points? And which AF mode/AF area will work best in conjunction with Eye AF set to the lever (AF/MF to AEL) button? Eye AF seems like a game-changer for portraiture and any advice on how to fully capitalise on it would be appreciated.

3. When should I use AF/MF and when should I use AEL?

4. What's the purpose of the C1 and C2 buttons?

5. What steps should I take to reduce power consumption? Like disabling WiFi/GPS etc.?

Any other setting that I need to change from default to something else? Or any other characteristic of the camera that I should be aware of? Extremely unfamiliar with Sony's interface, so any advice/tutorial would go a long way.

Thank you.

Ahnaf Akeef's gear list:Ahnaf Akeef's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow