Service Issue D800 with Nikon Canada

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Carlos David New Member • Posts: 1
Service Issue D800 with Nikon Canada

Hey all hoping you can help me with some feedback as I've just had the most depressing experience with the service dept at Nikon Canada.

I'd noticed in the last little while that my Nikon D800  (serial number  #5004***) has been having focusing issues .. a slight fuzziness that can be largely compensated with sharpening in post, and more acute on the left hand side.  I thought at this point I'd send my camera into Nikon Canada to resolve the problem and get it tuned up while it was there.

First estimate comes back and it's 700$CA because they claim they see corrosion and will have to replace some circuitry also as well as align the flange. Now keep in mind I can get a low mileage D800 for around 1200$CA on Ebay but I after some trepidation I tell them to go ahead.

Low and behold 4 days later I get a second estimate forthe repair letting me know that the camera is "economically non-repairable" and offering me a brand new Nikon D810 for the low low price of 3100$CA.

Keep in mind that my camera was fully functional when i shipped it to them with just the focusing issue.

I'm livid, I'm so angry it's almost unbearable. I want to chuck all my Nikon gear. I want to scream. Am I wrong ??

-Carlos

carlosdavid.ca

Nikon D800 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow