Travel lens for jungle and hiking

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pablo Garcia F New Member • Posts: 23
Travel lens for jungle and hiking

Hello guys,

This is my first post here after reading a lot. Bought the A6300 + Kit lens a few time ago. I'm travelling to Thailand in march. Mainly I'll be hiking, camping and herping in the jungle/islands, so there is not any option of leaving a part of my equipment in a hotel, etc. Everything will be with in my bag.

Since I pretend of making some videos about the jungle itself, animals, nature, maybe portraits of local people, etc I'm thinking on getting a prime, but I'm trying to decide between the 35mm and the 50mm both OSS.

My questions: Is there a lot of difference between the kit set at 35mm and the 35mm? Maybe less difference than the kit at 50 and the 50mm OSS...

Maybe the 35mm will be too short for wildlife (not birds) or I can crop in post with no problem?

I know that I can use my kit at 35 and 50...but I would like to take and all-around lens for my purposes (I will link here a video of the type of work I'll do) So guys I'm asking about your experiences in travel with this cameras and lenses, mostly for hiking and nature/wild purposes. Thanks a lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLLUkaNSP4c

Pablo Garcia F's gear list:Pablo Garcia F's gear list
Sony a6300
Sony a6300 Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow