Anyone tried/own both the 23mm and 35mm 1.4s?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Och Elo Regular Member • Posts: 174
Anyone tried/own both the 23mm and 35mm 1.4s?

So want to add just 1 prime to shoot with my X-T10.  My favorite focal length on full frame is 50mm by quite a margin, so I was all set to get the 35mm 1.4.

But an exercise I like to do is look through tons of samples (usually on flickr) of lenses I am considering.  And for some reason I prefer the 23mm 1.4 over the 35mm.  By quite a lot, in fact.  I've looked through 1000s of photos, and there does seem to be some subtle rendering difference that goes beyond just the focal length difference.  I just really like the way the 23mm renders, while the 35mm feels a tad boring.  Which is odd, because the 35mm seems to be very well regarded in the Fuji universe.

This is probably the first time I've preferred an almost 35mm focal length over an almost 50mm focal length on the same system.  For example, on my Canon FF, I vastly prefer the Sigma 50mm 1.4A over the 35mm 1.4.

Any thoughts/opinion on this from those that may have owned both lenses?

Fujifilm X-T10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow