WWTD

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Bmark Senior Member • Posts: 2,177
WWTD

Thom Hogan continues to have great points concerning cameras' capabilities.

http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/wwtd-what-would-thom-do.html

If we all keep talking about this maybe Tokyo will notice??

I do wonder if the very slow evolution of cameras is to some extent a part of the camera manufacturers' business plans and allows them to incrementally improve just enough so that we purchase new gear.

Then also, there is the question about where do I want to see improvements, well for me, primarily in the ability to capture images, I'm not in that much of a rush to post on Facebook. I upgraded to the D850 for the improved AF abilities, especially with slower lenses (like my 200-500 + 1.4x which struggled to focus on my D800).

Thom also mentions lens improvements that are not there when he speaks of the new 180-400. Here he has a lot of good points, why don't we have a foot that will mount in tripods without plates? Why don't we have a better lens cover, I too hate those cloth covers.

-- hide signature --
 Bmark's gear list:Bmark's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony RX10 III Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR +11 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow