64 GB memory card not recognized by D3

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LongTimeNikonUser Senior Member • Posts: 1,130
64 GB memory card not recognized by D3

I wanted to upgrade the memory card size in my D3 from my 2008 vintage SanDisk 8 GB Extreme III cards. The Nikon website list for approved memory cards includes 64 GB versions. https://www.nikonimgsupport.com/ni/NI_article?articleNo=000002639&configured=1&lang=en_US.

So I got a 64 GB card with a "twist." It's a SD format SanDisk 64 GB Extreme Pro (95 MB/s) and I also got a DigiGear Slim CF Adapter. The Adapter is CF card size, and the SD card slides into the adapter. I got an SD card partly because of price and partly because my laptop has an SD card reader.

How3efver, the D3 simply does not recognize this SD-card + adapter. I can't reformat that card because the D3 simply doesn't see that card. It does know that something is in a memory card slot, because the "E" is not displayed in the frame that shows the image count.

However, my laptop does recognize the SD card. I noticed that the SD card is formatted ExFAT. The only other formatting option is NTFS.

So what is the problem? What can I do?

-- hide signature --

LongTimeNikonUser

LongTimeNikonUser's gear list:LongTimeNikonUser's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Nikon D3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow