Used D610/D3 or wait another year use F5 and develop Film digital

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Basilfawlty1981 Forum Member • Posts: 72
Used D610/D3 or wait another year use F5 and develop Film digital

I have a Nikon D7100 which I use as my general go to camera for Butterflies, portraits and general photography. My general hobbies are candids when people aren't looking to get natural laughs and natural expressions. I have a pretty extensive prime lense line up, ever since I got an annual bonus while being posted in Japan and discovering the joy of scouring used lense shops.

The APS-C gives me a bit of longer lense distance (field of view, etc.) and so I can stand a bit of a distance making me being less noticed. I also bought - more for nostalgia an old F5. It is build like a rock and the 'Ka-Ching' of the shutter is just fun ! Really a lot of fun. I then develop the film with the 'digital option' and get a CD as well.

I am also super casual, like a proper hobby photograph. From time to time however I do wonder what it would be like to shoot with a full frame digital camera. I have a manual Zeiss 85mm 1.4, which I would just love to take to the field. I also really don't want to buy the same technology of my D7100, just with a different sensor.

From what I gathered from the other forums is that the D610 has a better sensor than the D700, that the D750/D800 is still better than the D610, but both are for my taste too expensive for the rare occasions (weddings...) where you have a lot of people/relatives around where it is possible then to really stand around and snipe snapshots.

Does anybody shoot (for holidays etc.) normally with a Dx setup but has a FX setup around for portrait etc. ? Is it true that on FX the colours are generally 'better' than on DX ? Or is it practically all the same.

And how do in terms of colour rendering these days compare Film digitised vs. e.g. a used D610 ?

Basilfawlty1981's gear list:Basilfawlty1981's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610 Nikon D700 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow