A7r3 pixel shift compared to sdQuattro.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Pattern Man Junior Member • Posts: 30
Re: A7r3 pixel shift compared to sdQuattro.

jbr wrote:

You are right, a detail so small is not of consequence in the final image. I think the Quattro image looks more natural than the Sony at 100%. Joe

docmaas wrote:

Nice job on the color matching.

I do think Quattro does have a slight tendency to miss color shifts in small detail. I think I've seen similar things but only by accident. Just as here it is not usually something someone would see. I haven't looked at enough sony images to assess whether that a problem in sony as well but it wouldn't surprise me if it were.

Mike

jbr wrote:

Interesting. I know you said there were mistakes made but there is something interesting to see. From your shots here is a comparison of the Quattro single shot to the Sony Pixel shift. So we are effectively comparing a 20 Mpix Quattro to a 18 Mpix RGB image. I did adjust the colour to make comparison easier. The Sony is not modified and there is some USM(100 at 0.3) on the Quattro. I would have used the Sony Single shot but it is too heavily sharpened.

They look pretty close too me for resolution but there is at least one spot where the Quattro did not pick up a colour difference. Look dead centre of the image at the brown twig on the tree trunck in the middle of the moss. It is brown in the Sony but Quattro colours it green.

Let we saturate a lot to see difference

http://ixbt.photo/photo/1098858/56492p1OQYhypLU/QCyrQ6Bz7I/1211395.jpg

What crop is really color?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jbr
jbr
jbr
jbr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow