A7r3 pixel shift compared to sdQuattro.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
docmaas
OP docmaas Veteran Member • Posts: 6,228
Re: Additionally...

Maybe I'll do an equivalent image full size test one against the other.  That will require a lot more work though than the simple walk to my deck railing these tests require and preferably a day without rain.  In the immortal (at least up to now) words of the terminator:  "I'll be back."

Mike

TN Args wrote:

docmaas wrote:

Graham Gibson wrote:

Why not compare equivalent focal lengths? It seems odd to me to use the same physical focal length (35mm) and then crop the A7rIII result.

I shot the sony in aps-c. No cropping done.

Shooting a full-frame camera in APS-C 'image size' is cropping. Sometimes it gets called 'crop mode' or 'crop sensor mode'. It is exactly the same, in terms of image quality, as if you shot full frame then cropped out 55% of the area. Effectively crippling one camera in the comparison. Simply not fair.

A similar mistake would be to shoot an sdQH in APS-C mode, comparing with an sdQ, and declaring the sdQH to be a waste of money.

-- hide signature --

"For me, photography is only an artistic language. The camera is my pencil. -- Charly Ho
"At every crossroads on the path that leads to the future, tradition has placed 10,000 men to guard the past."
Maurice Maeterlinck

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jbr
jbr
jbr
jbr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow