XT2 Zoomed in Image Quality Locked

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Foto Jay Forum Member • Posts: 99
XT2 Zoomed in Image Quality

Hi! I have owned an Xt2 for a little over a year coming from a full frame Canon system. I have been super happy except one thing. Maybe I am going nuts but when I zoom in on an image it falls apart quality wise. Especially wider shots. I always view 1 to 1 in lightroom on a 27" I Mac and sometimes I zoom in a tad more to fix blemishes etc. The edges (not the edges of the picture, but the edges of the people or objects in them) just are more jagged, blotchy, very pixelated etc... More than I remember on my 5DIII. Is that just part of the APSC game? Once again, I am happy user but this has been bothering me. It would be kind of someone to post a picture or two for me to compare would be greatly appreciated. Of course the issue arrises more with the 18-55 kit lens then my others, but the issue is there with all my lens's, so I can rule out optics problems. Thanks in advance for any insights. I would like to put this to bed if I can. Like I said, I am super happy, but this has been on my mind the whole time from the very first shoot I did with it.

PS.... For what it is worth, I have tried all the raw converters to rule out lightroom messing with me:) I do use photoshop to sharpen, as I do notice lightroom sharpening does amplify the problem slightly.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow