A6000 - buy 18-105 or use LA-EA2 & 16-105

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mx5ire New Member • Posts: 10
A6000 - buy 18-105 or use LA-EA2 & 16-105

Hi All,

I own the LA-EA2 and the A mount 16-105 and have used both fairly infrequently on my A6000. I say infrequently because the balance isn't great, and they are a little slow to connect, lots of caps and covers etc. Also it means i have no lens on my A700 if i need/want to use both cameras.

So i am thinking of buying the 18-105 PZ lens as a better solution to the LA-EA2 combo, and also to give me more quality & reach than the kit 16-50. Now I realise that the 18-105 is quite big, i have tried it on my camera and the balance is ok, but i just wanted to get an opinion from a few folks.

Is it worth spending the 550 odd Euros to buy the 18-105 instead of using the LA-EA2 combo, as this would essentially turn into my main walkabout and travel lens. It seems to be very hard to find a quality comparison between the two 16/18-105 lenses but i guess they are similar. (Alternatively i could wait for the newly announced 18-135, which will be about 100 Euro dearer again, but this is a complete unknown quantity at this point).

All opinions appreciated.

Thanks.

Sony a6000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow