Niagara Falls Frozen for the Winter

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
legionxstudios
legionxstudios New Member • Posts: 11
Niagara Falls Frozen for the Winter

I wanted to share this image here in particular, as I think it is my best photo of 2018 so far! I think it's a great start to a new year

Canada has been super cold over the last few weeks, and many waterfalls have frozen over, and while Niagara Falls isn't fully frozen over right now, it's still a sight to see with all of those icicles on the side.

Feel free to give me your thoughts on the image, and if there's anything ya'll think I should do next time to improve.

Just a few details about the shot. It was taken with the Canon 5d Mark iii, with the Canon 100mm f2.8 macro L, at f/22, 20-second exposure, ISO 100. Funny enough I didn't even use a tripod, I put the camera on the ice! I edited this in Camera Raw afterwards

-- hide signature --

Gear: 5D Mark III, 100mm L f/2.8, 16-35mm L f/4, 24-105mm L f/4, Sigma 50mm f/1.4. Follow me & see more workInstagram, 500px, website/blog, or my upcoming photography podcast, ChaseTheGram.

legionxstudios's gear list:legionxstudios's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow