GPS tracker for Fuji X-T2

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
torontosphere
torontosphere Junior Member • Posts: 49
Re: GPS tracker for Fuji X-T2

melvinb wrote:

Looking for recommendations for a dedicated gps tracker (logger) for Fuji X-T2.

Bad Elf.

I have the BE3500 Bad Elf GPS Pro and the Garmin GPSMAPS64 dedicated hiking GPS with its fancy antennas. The stopwatch-sized BE3500 is more accurate than the big Garmin, boots faster, is more customizable for controlling its logging, generates fewer false/redundant points, has excellent battery life, charges over a mini-USB cable, and can also use its bluetooth connection to update its firmware, transfer GPX files (which I can then Airdrop to my computer instead of cabling the GPS), feeds its more accurate data to iThings and Androids, making even non-GPS iPads into superb navigation tools.

So: Bad Elf.

If that's not enough, my first one failed right at the edge of its warranty period, and having a no-cost replacement sent to me was trivial even though I it had to cross a border to get to me. Excellent service done with humour and style.

And, of course, as a standalone GPS logger it works with every camera you own, or will own.

To use it I'd load the GPX tracklog into Lightroom, take a photo of the clock on my phone (with seconds) and use LR's metadata editing to get all of the selected photo times to sync up, and then match them in the Maps module. Super easy.

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow