6D-user switched to G7X mk2 not happy - going back to ff

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
A..C Regular Member • Posts: 111
Re: Gotta give something up

aftersun wrote:

I ended up buying the X-T2 + XF 18-55/2,8-4,0 and XF 23/2,0. It's great in IQ and a bit better than competitors with low light as it seems and my local store confirmed. The A7 would just have been too bulky again with a zoomlens and A LOT more expensive.

Thanks a lot for your help everyone!

I think you'll be very pleased with that kit. The absolute pixel peeping image quality will not be equal to the best full frame cameras with good lenses, but neither is the size, weight or price. I've found the Fujis generally to "punch above their weight" even accounting for the ISO inflation I agree is there.

While we're in the systems advice forum, one of the best accessories I've bought for any camera is the Fuji Instax 2 printer. I don't know how photography fits into your life, but in the era of so few physical photos, the small instant prints have been a great way to get images into the hands of family, friends and strangers right away and still have high res digital files. The Instax printers work with any smartphone (I sometimes do a three step process of 6D to phone to Instax), but they really shine with Fuji cameras because of their powerful in-camera raw processing and the ability to transmit directly to the printer.

Have fun with the new gear!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow