Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Hans Kruse Veteran Member • Posts: 3,432
Re: Morning light on the Lofoten Islands

The Davinator wrote:

Hans Kruse wrote:

The Davinator wrote:

David Nall wrote:

Hans Kruse wrote:

I'm soon going to Lofoten again and hopefully enjoy great weather. Here is a shot from last year in February when the conditions were great with little snow at the ground level and ice on the lakes. It is one location where I shoot a lot with ultra wide angle lenses like here.

Direct link to the image on my website http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Lofoten/i-DWWmHwR

Very nice pic. It appears to be a little greenish on my monitor, and I think it looks a bit better with some cropped off the bottom, and the remainder stretched back into similar aspect ratio. Lastly adjusted the white balance using black, white and gray points within the image.

I'd agree David. The photo is beautiful...but is does have a gren tint that you corrected well. Different mood in each.

I don't see a green tint and as mentioned I don't like the suggested edit. It is not at all what I intended.

Not sure what's up...but the sky and white ice has an obvious greenish cast to it. I don't like crop that was done as I agree about the foreground....but the green cast is obvious on my iPad and Macbook with a profiled monitor. As you suggested, to maintain the lower light amplitude of sunrise, I would avoid brightening it up as he did, but the green needs to be reduced somewhat..

The white balance looks good to me as a balance between lit areas and shadow areas.

Hans Kruse's gear list:Hans Kruse's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow