DIY Active IR Shutter Control?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Spiggy Topes Forum Member • Posts: 71
DIY Active IR Shutter Control?

There's a good instructable that demonstrates how to make an active infra red trap for wildlife that I'd like to adapt for my Lumix G5.

Just so happens that I lost my remote for an Oppilas controller, and had to buy another.

So now I have two receivers, and I'm thinking that I can either modify one to substitute for the remote in the instructable, or, better still, modify the instructable to fire the unmodified Oppilas receiver via am RF transmiter hooked up to the Arduino.

But I have no idea what the Oppilas remote sender actually sends to the receiver. Partial press to focus, full press to shoot, but what gets sent? Does it use two different frequencies to achieve this, or are there two different signals that get sent on the one frequency?

If anyone has tried something like this before, I'd appreciate hearing your experiences.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow