Travel zoom for Panasonic GX80/85

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RobbieBear Senior Member • Posts: 1,401
Travel zoom for Panasonic GX80/85

Okay, bit of advice needed please.

I currently have a Tamron 14-150 which I bought to use on an Oly E-pl7, a camera which I no longer have.

I do not use the lens on my E-M1, nor do I use it on my GM1.

At the time of purchase, I chose the Tamron over the Panasonic 14-140 ii because of the worry regarding potential shutter shock issues.

I have just ordered a Panasonic GX80 and I will use a travel zoom on this body.

My question is whether it would be worth swapping to the Panasonic 14-140 ii to use on the GX80.

My understanding is that the shutter in the GX 80 overcomes the SS issue completely. Also, the 14-140 ii has power O.I.S. which, I think, will work with the IBIS in the camera to give me dual IS.

So, will the dual IS using the 14-140ii be a significant improvement over the Tamron on the GX80? (This will be my first experience of Panny camera with IBIS.)

For info, I also have the Panny 12-32/35-100 tiny zooms.

What do you think guys?

RobbieBear's gear list:RobbieBear's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic 35-100mm F2.8 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +8 more
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-PL7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow