$1500 worth of Lenses for an a7r ii

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
J-LLangford New Member • Posts: 2
$1500 worth of Lenses for an a7r ii

Hello Everyone!

The more observant of you might notice that this is my first post on DPR, so hello and thanks for putting up with me! Just a bit about myself that might help with the question, I go to high school in New Zealand and I currently shoot with a now almost 10 year old Nikon d300 + 18-200 f/3.5-5.6 and a 12-24 f/4.

I've been offered an extremely (!) good deal on an a7r ii in stunning condition at a hair under the price of a second hand a7 ii, which I'm extremely tempted to buy. If I do purchase this, I have a rough equivalent of 1500 USD to buy new lenses and possibly some batteries! I have no problems with buying used if that helps. I also have no problems with manual focus, I've got young eyes and it sounds like Sony almost makes manual focus cheating with punch in and focus peaking.

For a kit, I'd ideally be looking at something like a wide angle prime + standard prime + 85ish prime for portraits but I'm open to other ideas. I'd love some recommendations on lens kits!

Thanks so much!

J-L

J-LLangford's gear list:J-LLangford's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF
Nikon D300 Sony a7 II Sony a7R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow