Great lens for its purpose

Started 9 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tronhar
Tronhar Forum Member • Posts: 63
Great lens for its purpose

I got this lens to put on my newly-acquired Nikon Df body that let me enjoy the shooting experience with a DSLR as I did when I used film bodies, yet it is a truly brilliant camera.  I have been a Canon user for the last 17 years so switching brands was a major decision for me considering the considerable investment in Canon gear, so I decided to initially get an all-in-one lens to see how things would go.

So far, using the lens on the Df, I am very impressed by the quality of the output from it. Among my many Canon lenses I have the 28-300L lens, which also renders good results but is over twice the weight!

In judging the performance of the lens I must advise the output I expect from it. Right now I am using my cameras to produce only digital output - to be seen on computer monitors and large HiRes OLED screens. In that context the lens produces excellent output and is quite acceptable for my purposes. The only frustration I have is to get used to the zoom function rotating in the opposite direction to my Canon lenses, something I will just have to get used to!

Neither the lens or body is going to be of interest to everyone - nothing ever is - but it has produced an effective all-round system I hope to use for some time to come.

The enclosed image is one taken casually at a friend's home as I admired their flower arrangement.

Flowers taken in fairly dim light, hand held ISO 200, f7.1, 1/25 with Nikon Df body.

-- hide signature --

We are not remembered for the gear we use, just the images we capture or create.

Tronhar's gear list:Tronhar's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 Canon PowerShot G7 Canon PowerShot D10 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon PowerShot SX60 HS +32 more
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Lens • Nikon F (FX) • 2191
Announced: Aug 19, 2010
Tronhar's score
Average community score
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow