Can I make a person "smaller"?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
wasserball Veteran Member • Posts: 4,056
Re: Can I make a person "smaller"?

sabrina81 wrote:

KENTGA wrote:

My Doctor and his wife had their 53rd anniversary and wanted me to put their photos in a frame, but he is larger than his wife because the person taking the photo must have been closer to him.

There's not room for cropping and I wanted to know if it is possible to make him "smaller" and keep the overall size of the photos the same.

If you must use these photos, then make her larger. Use the eyes to gauge how much larger. Mark the husband's eyes on a blank layer and superimpose those on the wife's picture. That will tell you how much larger she'll have to be to match his eyes. The blue spots are the husband's eyes:

But really, the lighting and image quality in these shots is awful. The man has raccoon eyes, and it looks like his image has undergone radical noise reduction; skin texture and fabric details are wiped out.

It would do both of them more justice to take some decent photos. (Also, you've got a display color profile embedded. Don't do that. Use sRGB or Adobe RGB.)

Using the eye spots, here's how they should come out so they're proportional.

The good doctor is not going to like that. 

wasserball's gear list:wasserball's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR Nikon D3S Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow