New firmware for the big 1 in sight

Started Dec 13, 2017 | Discussions thread
Sweets
Sweets Contributing Member • Posts: 709
Re: New firmware for the big 1 in sight

audiobomber wrote:

Sweets wrote:

"Pz-AF 1.5x TELEPLUS SHQ KENKO"; with my 50-135 and 18-135 and (Sigma) 10-20mm on my K-1.

Your woes have nothing to do with SR. I have the same TC, as well as the Pentax HD 1.4X RC. There is a world of difference in AF behaviour between these two when using lenses with SDM or DC motors. The Kenko is next to useless for in-lens motors, which I have confirmed with my 18-135 and DA*300, as well as a 50-135 in a shop. Focus is very slow due to excessive hunting and accuracy is unreliable. I suggest you stop using the Kenko and instead shoot the K-1 in crop mode. You will have fewer pixels, but a much higher success rate.

I do wonder why Pentax uses a 1.4x factor in stead of a 1.5x. Is it because C*&N* uses this factor? The Pentax crop factor is 1.5 as far as i know; how simply logic i think it would be to design a high qual 1.5x teleconverter?

Nothing to do with any camera company. TC's commonly use 1.4X magnification because it is one whole stop. An f2.8 lens becomes an f/4 lens, an f/4 lens becomes an f/5.6 lens, etc.

Thx for your advice.

My K-1 went in… and after that I experienced diferences such as all my Pentax lenses don't need focus adjustment any longer… how happy I am… 

I think the focus part of the cam was also fine-tuned/adjusted.

Maybe that's why I don't experience that much hunting in general and not at all in good daylight, with sr-off, in comparison to yours? Who knows. Anyhow… I'm a happy shooter with my tc 1.5x. And now I shoot full frame with my aps-c lenses.

In this context, shooting full frame with aps-c lenses, I suggested that Pentax can make us happy with a very high quality 1.5x wr tc where all works good. E.g. also the conversion of focal lenght x 1.5 should be included in the communication with the K-1 so sr will work just fine.

B-good. 

-- hide signature --

rgrds. Henk (K-1+DBG6 & -01, GF2+14042X & LBA).

Sweets's gear list:Sweets's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Pentax K-01 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ogl
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow