Sony AR7 III, Full-Frame Camera Accessory Recommendations

Started Dec 28, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cgomez
cgomez Junior Member • Posts: 43
Sony AR7 III, Full-Frame Camera Accessory Recommendations

Hi all,

I'm newer to the Sony full-frame camera world, coming from an a6000 which was a surprisingly good budget workhorse but now I'm all in with the A7R III after having made the mistake of renting a full frame Sony on a recent trip and falling in love.

So, I have a couple of accessories I'm looking for recommendations on to help make the camera better. Any guidance is appreciated; if you think maybe I'm taking the wrong approach to solving a problem, please do tell.

1) Do rubber or snap-on rear lens caps exist?

I've currently got the 28mm f/2, 55mm f/1.8 and the 24-105 G lenses. One of the difficult things I've found on the go shooting is that the screw on lens mount caps can be hard to get on and off when trying to do a quick swap of lens without a place to set things down.

2) Are there any quick release camera neck straps that can attach to the camera directly?

I generally prefer to shoot handheld most of the day without a strap affixed to the camera most of the time. Because of that, I take off those little dangling hooks on the sides because they're a little bit annoying jingling around. Some days though, during extending shooting I would like a neck strap. Are there any that can easily attach directly to the camera body?

3) Any recommendations for a minimalist camera bags that can also hold a 13" MacBook Pro? Or slim laptop bags that can accomodate the A7R III?

I picked up a Think Tank Turnstyle 20 bag that I really like that can hold a 10" iPad, but most work days, I rely on a 13" MBP. Carrying two bags is a challenge for commuting; does anyone have a bag they like that could hold a smaller laptop and the A7R III with the 24-105 attached?

Greatly appreciate any and all input. I'm looking for ways to ensure the A7R III doesn't get stuck in the 'well I guess I'm going to take out the fancy camera' trap after the honeymoon period.

cgomez's gear list:cgomez's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +2 more
Sony a6000 Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow