Started Dec 13, 2017 | Discussions thread
Holger Bargen Veteran Member • Posts: 4,136
Re: New firmware for the big 1 in sight

Mark Ransom wrote:

Smitty1 wrote:

Mark Ransom wrote:

Smitty1 wrote:

Not looking good...

This is the risk with giving a release date or even estimate... too easy to miss it and then what?

Since Asahi Man isn't officially with Pentax, "they" never provided us with an estimate. But his information in the past has generally been spot on. Either there was a last-minute glitch or we're just too impatient.

Those are the only two options?

The obvious third option is that Asahi Man was misinformed, but as I said he has been reliable in the past. If you have any other theories I'm open to hearing them.

I just had a look at several websites of Ricoh Pentax of different countries where they have their "news". There was almost no country specific website that was similar to one of another country. The Russian website seems to be the most actual one. All in all a very inconsistent appearance - and it fits with my impression about the situation of Pentax as brand of Ricoh in general in an unpleasant way.

Ricoh is a company in need of finding a new way. But they should think twice before they cut off living branches. Actually, it seems to me that Pentax is run with a minimum of staff. Not enough to place a good offer - too much to make it die. Hope the entire company will find resources and markets to make it flowering, again, in 2018!

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-S1 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ogl
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow