Panasonic menu headache

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rponiarski Regular Member • Posts: 351
Panasonic menu headache

OK, so even though I really like the OMD E-M1ii, I am still thinking about the Panasonic G9, but am concerned about the menus. I was at Adorama and handled a GH5 (the G9 wasn't available), but I figure the menu system should be very similar. So it was set to silent shutter and e-shutter, but I wanted to hear the mechanical shutter, so I set it on single shot and went into the menu and selected mechanical shutter. Took a shot and then tried to get a second shot, but it was completely silent. It had gone back to silent mode and e-shutter. Tried a second time, but the same thing happened.

Now I realize this could be a problem with that particular camera, but is there a way to make sure you use a mechanical shutter and not go back to an old setting, or am I being a bit obtuse and missing something simple. Help!

-- hide signature --

Richard M. Poniarski
Not a speaker for anyone but myself.
"Everyone is entitled to the reality of their own choice"

rponiarski's gear list:rponiarski's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH +3 more
Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow