RX0 overheating

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
khaledgawdat Regular Member • Posts: 358
RX0 overheating

I wanted to video record my Son's masters defence. I thought that the RX0 is quite small and will not be offending to the faculty of I use it. The camera was perfect for that purpose and I was using the MP4 format recording until after 18 minutes in the middle of his presentation over heating and the camera stoped. I used my olympus em1 MK2 to continue recording and for 2 hours no over heating. I also used the RX0 when the over heating cooled and the length of fottage progressively decreased before overheating again until the battery was dead after one hour. Comparing the footage with the olympus one showed a huge difference in quality. I expected some difference but this was day and night. RX0 is the most disappointing sony camera I ever owned.

No image stabilization, no time lapse, no lens apertures only f4 fixed, no autofocus in video, overheating. What a trap.

-- hide signature --

Get a life, before it is too late.
K.Gawdat

khaledgawdat's gear list:khaledgawdat's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX1 Sigma dp3 Quattro +112 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow