The D7500 is too good at night

Started Dec 19, 2017 | Discussions thread
lightmeter
lightmeter Regular Member • Posts: 499
Re: The D7500 is too good at night

Almost every camera I've owned, whether it be film or digital, never gives me the exposure I want at night. Almost always overexposes. You could try some exposure compensation, maybe -1 to -3 stops. Or you can do what I do. Put the camera in manual exposure mode. Ignore the meter. Guess at a shutter and f stop, and shoot. Look at the photo on the back of the camera. If it looks too dark, bracket a set up from there. If it looks too light, bracket a set down from there. If it looks close to what you want, bracket both up and down. When you get home and look at them on the monitor, you can choose the one you want. or HDR multiple photos. I know there's more than one way to do this, but that's the way I do it.

-- hide signature --

Bill
If a new super high megapixel body is going to make my current lenses "soft" or poor performers, then I don't want it.

lightmeter's gear list:lightmeter's gear list
Nikon D7100 Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +24 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow