I use it for almost every static shots, from super wide to telephoto

Started 10 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
basis unus
basis unus New Member • Posts: 2
I use it for almost every static shots, from super wide to telephoto

The versatility of this lens becomes gold when being coupled with a Gitzo Systematic tripod, a bowl leveler, a Nodal Ninja M2 Giga panorama head, and a pair of focusing slides. I use it for stitched panoramas. There is one trick that other lenses simply wouldn't work: tilting while rotating. It also allows macro panoramas, taken at close distances. You can achieve dreamy effects with this lens. One thing to take note is that the tilting mechanism is opposite to those of wide angle TS-E lenses. The tilting knob therefore controls the lens to tilt to the opposite direction as well. It can be somewhat confusing when one already becomes accustomed to the previous models.

Precisely controlled panorama, from wide angle to telephone, macro to infinity, tilting while rotating, for a dreamy effect

basis unus's gear list:basis unus's gear list
Canon G1 X II Canon EOS-1D X Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +7 more
Canon TS-E 135mm F4L Macro
Macro perspective control prime lens • Canon EF
Announced: Aug 29, 2017
basis unus's score
Average community score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow