Avoid photographing the public

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brisn5757 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,187
Avoid photographing the public

Laws are different for different countries and in New Zealand a photographer can photograph people without their permission if the people are in a public place. I don't know if the law is the same for places such as Great Britain, Paris and Singapore.

There are always people about so if your photographing a famous building or a parade then you can't help avoid people in the shot. For example someone standing at the end of the bridge photographing Big Ben and the buildings surrounding Big Ben in London is going to photograph people walking near the end of the bridge. It's a matter of luck that you don't have an angry person who didn't want to be photographed.

I'm interested to know if other photographers have had any problems with people who did not want to be photographed? Can they demand your camera or worse destroy your camera?

I've noticed these days in documentaries shown on TV that an extra effect is made to not show the faces of people in the video.

Brian

Brisn5757's gear list:Brisn5757's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX70 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 300D +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow