G7X II flash setting advice?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
geepondy Senior Member • Posts: 1,942
G7X II flash setting advice?

It seems when I set the ISO to auto (I have it capped at 800), and the subject is reasonably close, the camera uses a too strong flash value at typically ISO 640 so the image is obviously over exposed.  However shooting the same subject with a locked ISO (200) the flash produces a more properly exposed image.  Having said that you have to use auto ISO or pick a high value for any subject that is very far at all away from the camera as the flash is so weak.  The above scenarios were all shot in P mode.

Any flash setting advice so I can produce a more consistently exposed image without constantly having to change the settings, depending on the situation.  I wonder if I should be shooting in S mode instead of P mode.

geepondy's gear list:geepondy's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon G7 X II
Canon G7 X II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow