Q: Lightroom plugin that reads x3f ?

Started Dec 17, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ascotinitaly
ascotinitaly Forum Member • Posts: 90
Q: Lightroom plugin that reads x3f ?

Hi all,

I've resolved to be more disciplined with photo management. TIred of folders of stuff spread across 3 laptops and several external drives, I've consolidated everything and am now in the process of "weeding".

I use Lightroom for most of my editing and cataloging (and use Sony and Fuji native software every once in a while if I want the very best results).

A free LR plugin (Teekesselchen, if you're interested - no connection)  helped me find close to 3,000 duplicate photos.

For my Merrill files I am very happy with the current version of SPP, and rarely need to go to Photoshop for anything but the most difficult photos.

BUT....

I would like to be able to use Lightroom for ALL my images, even if only to see a rough preview. I *don't* want to add another piece of software (Picasa, Faststone etc).

Does anyone know of a plugin for Lightroom, or a workaround that would make viewing x3f thumbnails possible?

Seasons greetings!

Scot

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/lovingitaly

https://lovingitaly.exposure.co

ascotinitaly's gear list:ascotinitaly's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X100F Sony a99 II +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow