GR II backordered

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Harold66
Harold66 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,960
Re: Good for one thing...

rondom wrote:

chris__n wrote:

i see absolutely no reason to go full frame on a camera like the gr.

what good would it do other than make the camera slightly bigger in all dimensions?

What good would it do? Nothing good photographically. But good for business. All they need to do is to be able to market is as THE SMALLEST (and cheapest) FULL FRAME CAMERA. There will be flood of new users.

Well no , not necessarily and lets not forget that those new users may be replacing a large bunch of the current one

It might inflate the sales at launch since people who buy a camera on specs only tend to switch cameras more often than others

so no I believe that even from a business point of view  it would be a mistake

No one will care that it is bigger than GR,

No I think most long time users of GR would not just because of the size but because of the   all the other drawbacks that would come with it

as long as it is the smallest among competition. Yes, unfortunately it will be a much less versatile street tool, just as GR was when compared to GRD. In terms of APSC it seems like they have reached a plateau.

Yes and most users are very content with the comparison size+price ? quality so a non issue

Harold

-- hide signature --

FOLLOW me on IG @ledaylightstudio . One NEW picture EVERY other day !
thedemandingtraveler.org
www.haroldglit.com
www.modelmayhem.com/haroldglit
IG :haroldglitphotography

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ifi
ifi
ifi
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow