Printing in Western Puerto Rico, Epson Artisan 1430

Started Dec 18, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
puertoricojelly New Member • Posts: 1
Printing in Western Puerto Rico, Epson Artisan 1430

I am looking to purchase a printer for my home studio in Western Puerto Rico.  The island is a great place for inspiration as an artist, but I am having a hard time finding information about printing in such high temps/humidity. 
The humidity in Wester PR tends to hover between 70% and 85%, with temperatures ranging between 75 F and 95 F.  I know this is very high for the printing world.
The homes/studios/buildings in PR almost never have central AC. They are cement homes and have louvre windows without glass therefore the temperature/humidity outside is similar to environment inside. As a painter I send most of my original artwork to the states to be sold (more money there), however I sell mostly prints in Puerto Rico since the buyers here have a much lower income. I still want to offer high end prints because I consider myself a well established, educated and knowledgeable artist, but I am having trouble with this aspect. 
Will my (soon to be purchased) Epson Artisan 1430 still work there? Or will my investment be wasted because of the humidity/heat?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow