Upgrading my GX1- Is GX85 enough for indoor sports?

Started Dec 11, 2017 | Discussions thread
OP Roy Bell New Member • Posts: 21
One poor sample

Well, this gym was horrendous. Lighting was terrible. As a result, I decided it best to try the 25MM because it's was much faster than my new 35-100 I just got. My 45 1.7 did not make it to the house in time, but I think that lens would had been a winner yesterday.

We were also sitting on the side lines vs in front this time. I kept it at 1600 iso. Best I could get shutter to was 160. As a result, the pictures came out OK, but not great. Here is one that I cropped and sharpened just a hair.

Daughter is the one mid air flipping on the left. I used center focus and panned with the burst shutter option.

One thing I am not sure on is the exif is showing F2.2. The lens is a 1.7 so I must had missed a step in locking the aperture. Would that had made a big difference? I am guessing yes? I'll get this dang thing figured out yet. I have to go through the other photos, but some of them where they are not moving quickly turned out pretty decent.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow