zuiko 9-18 fell, and kinda broke

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ian385 New Member • Posts: 8
zuiko 9-18 fell, and kinda broke

this is my all time favourite lens, not owning many, but for daily shooting i love it. i'm using it on a PEN with an adapter.

anyhow, yesterday i've been out with it, and by accident my camera slipped and fell down on rocks (the old town here have rock/stone streets).

it fell on the front , and the front part of the lens got inclinated , stuck at 9mm and couldn't zoom neither focus. i forced the front part back in place, heard that it clicked and i could both zoom and focus again. but now the front element has some free space and the front part is constantly tilted a bit down, i can move the ring back to the normal position so it's not tilted, but if i let it go, it goes back being tilted (a tiny bit, half mm at max).

from what i can see it still works as usual, but i'm worried that the front part might "fall out" because i get the feeling that it had 2 catches , 1 up and 1 down, and that now only 1 catch is holding. there is no noise coming from the lens, so nothing that might have broken didn't fall off.

is there a way to open it up from the front? there are no screws.

a photo after the accident. i think there's nothing wrong. but maybe at closer distance some problems might be visible.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow