Moved from Canon to Nikon. Yowsers and Yikes!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SteveAnderson Regular Member • Posts: 161
Moved from Canon to Nikon. Yowsers and Yikes!

Hi all,

I just moved from 15yrs of Canon to the Nikon D7200.(For something interesting to do and because i dont like the look of Canons roadmap)

Taking photos side by side with identical settings I can not believe how different skin tones are!! How is it possible no one has made an even bigger deal of this?!

It is shocking. Basically i either need to choose which i prefer, or try to change/learn settings to make it look more natural.

Any tips from others making this switch or vice versa switch?

For important portraits I will shoot RAW, but a large majority of shots I prefer to have a decent OOC jpg. This shouldnt be asking too much?

The Canon does seem more natural in outdoors light, cloudy and sunny. Nikon much more natural with indoor flash and non human incandescent white balance shots.

The Nikon is giving an overly warm and reddish skin tone compared to what i see with my own eyes. Not a little, a lot.

Its odd because a shot under clouds with no human skin actually looks more natural than with the Canon. But human skin not.

Calibrated 27" 2560x1440 IPS monitor.

I really liked my Canon but wanted to try something new. Not ready to give up yet.

Regards,

SteveAnderson's gear list:SteveAnderson's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Mark II Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM Tamron 100-400mm F4.5-6.3
Nikon D7200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MAC
MAC
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow