X-T2 makes astro timelapses a breeze...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kiwi2
kiwi2 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,172
X-T2 makes astro timelapses a breeze...

I can't believe how easy doing a astro timelapse with the X-T2 is. Here's a couple of sequences with the 2nd scene that I shot last night off the back porch while I slept.

Best viewed at 1080p full screen...

https://youtu.be/bEqKkm_Agro

Basically I just set electronic shutter (so no wear and tear on the mechanical shutter) large fine jpg only. (as I can't be bothered dealing with that many RAW files) Samyang 12mm f/2 lens.

I like the white balance the camera gives on the night sky. I just need to put all the shots in one folder and then let my timelapse programme do its thing. Absolutely dead simple with quite respectable results methinks.

Now just waiting for the next good aurora display to show up! I will be able to set the camera up and leave it running all night while I sleep. With the battery grip and 3 batteries it will last all night long.

kiwi2's gear list:kiwi2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS +3 more
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow