DxO Photolab as LR replacement?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
OP mikeng1 New Member • Posts: 24
Re: DxO Photolab as LR replacement?

I thought Photolab also had camera calibration profiles. In fact, I find their profiles for Nikons to be far too rich and saturated (the Canon profiles are much less intense and more realistic, but that almost defies the purpose of using a profile)

xPhoenix wrote:

Meh, I'm still waiting for a LR replacement. I've been trialing C1 Pro, but I'm not really feeling it. I also tried DxO, and it works well. I like that they have a lot of profiles to choose from as a starting point, and some of their features like smart lighting worked nicely.

I would prefer to have software with DAM, and I just like the workflow in LR better. DxO just seems a bit cluttered, and it seemed to lag a bit, speed wise.

I'd love to ditch Adobe, but I've yet to find something I like as much (or better). One huge thing for me is that I like Nikon's color rendering. I don't want to shoot jpeg, but I can re-create this look in LR with the camera calibration profiles. Why no other manufacturer has bothered to include this feature is beyond me.

mikeng1's gear list:mikeng1's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow