Sierra 10.12.6 Installer App Store Link Still Available

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lightandaprayer Senior Member • Posts: 2,007
Sierra 10.12.6 Installer App Store Link Still Available

I neglected to download a Sierra installer prior to the introduction of High Sierra. I tried searching for Sierra on the App Store but as expected it wasn't an option since I hadn't previously downloaded it. . .

A couple of days ago I decided to do an Internet search to see if a Sierra installer might be available. One of the first hits I got was this Mac Observer webpage dated October 18, 2017. A Mac Geek Gab listener had found an active App Store download link.

I figured that the link must be long gone by now but I tried it anyway. . . To my astonishment, the Sierra download link is still active. Two additional Apple Support links on how to download Sierra are also on the webpage.

I installed Sierra this afternoon on my 2012 Mac Mini which had been running Yosemite 10.10.5. I had a problem with the Mac Mini reverting to the old internal hard drive after the Sierra installation and a subsequent Apple Security update and restart. The external boot volume didn't even show up as an option in Startup Drive in System Preferences.

So I tried a Terminal command that allows automatic loading of Option ROM firmware. When I restarted, the Mini booted from the external SSD and it is now included in the Startup Disk preference pane. More info about the cause and how to address it can be found here .

At any rate, I've posted the link in case anyone else needs the Sierra installer. I think that I have seen a couple of posts from people in the same position as me but I cannot locate those particular threads.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow