My D850 Goes Back

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michael1000 Senior Member • Posts: 1,274
My D850 Goes Back

I really had high hopes for the D850, especially being part of their pro line. I barely had it running, before I noticed a stuck white pixel on the LCD in live view. That's not something I can accept. Nikon should be testing these, and throwing away the bad displays, not putting them on their $3300 cameras, or a camera of any price. Who knows what else may be wrong with this camera, because at that point I just stopped being their quality control department.

This is the third new Nikon camera I've purchased in the last six months with quality issues. First was a P900 with poor focus uniformity. Second was a B700 with a blotchy sensor. Now the D850 with a defective LCD. Yet my ancient Nikon 990 from 17 years ago had zero issues, and still has zero issues. Maybe the old adage, "they don't make 'em like they use to" applies here.

I don't think I am going to replace it. I just can't keep sending Nikon cameras back. You have to call it quits at some point. Three strikes and your out. My suggestion for Nikon is to get some new management, and put some new quality control procedures in place.

Nikon Coolpix B700 Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow